Data Engineer - AI
- Dublin, Ireland
As a Data Engineer , you will play a key role in designing and driving our data integration pipelines, ETL/ELT, and analytic strategies across our enterprise. In this role you will be bringing modern data technologies and practices to enable our talented team of data scientists to build, train, and deploy ML models. You will partner with all data teams at Shutterstock to understand requirements and collaborate on providing solutions at scale.
- Determine optimal solutions for integrating data from a variety of sources
- Implement, maintain and monitor batch & stream data pipelines with best practice quality controls
- Evaluate relevant new and mature technologies as needs, gaps, and opportunities arise
- Work closely and collaboratively in an Agile environment with our analysts, engineers and product teams to analyze issues and find new insights covering our business and operations
- Collaborate with our other data teams, as they are customers
- Ability to identify problem patterns and apply solutions that enable our team to accelerate delivery
- 4+ years professional proficiency in Java or Scala, and Python
- Experience in stream processing technology (Kafka, Kinesis, Spark, Storm, Samza, Flink, etc)
- Knowledge of SQL, data modeling and dimensional modeling concepts
- Distributed and low latency (streaming) application architecture
- Familiarity with API design
- CI/CD systems experience (Jenkins, Github, etc)
- Experience adhering to robust audit standards
- AWS experience
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering related experience
- Knowledge of emerging data integration technologies
- Spark Streaming, Kafka Streams, Kafka Connect, etc
- Exposure to Kubernetes and Helm
- Data Science and Modeling pipeline experience
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks such as H2O, scikit-learn or similar tools
- Strong expertise/background with Linux
We are one team collectively focused on creating an unrivaled experience for our Customers and Contributors. Our principles represent the mindset of the employee who will thrive at Shutterstock. If you are passionate about what you do, and want to become part of a cutting-edge technology company building industry leading products, please apply.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 330 million images and more than 18 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company’s brands also include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top