As a Data Engineer on our Business Intelligence team, you will play a key role in designing and driving our data integration pipelines, ETL/ELT, and analytic strategies across our enterprise. In this role you will be bringing modern data technologies and practices to enable our talented team of researchers, data scientists and analysts to enhance the business with better insights and relevant data products. You will partner with all multiple teams at Shutterstock to understand requirements and collaborate on providing solutions at scale. You will support existing tech stack and be involved in migrating to newer stack as we move towards cloud based technologies.
- Determine optimal solutions for integrating data from a variety of sources into a common data warehouse
- Implement, maintain and monitor data pipelines with best practices and quality controls
- Evaluate relevant new and mature technologies, perform POCs and research better ways to manage data
- Work closely and collaboratively in an Agile environment with our analysts, engineers and product teams to analyze issues and find new insights covering our business and operations
- Day to day operational support of business intelligence infrastructure, products and services
- 5+ Years of related work experience
- In-depth knowledge of SQL, data modeling and data warehousing concepts
- Experience using MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS for data ingestion, transformation and reporting
- Solid command of at least one major programming language - preferably Python (optionally Java or Scala)
- CI/CD systems experience (Jenkins, Github, etc)
- AWS experience - data transfers into and out of AWS, usage of S3, EC2s
- Familiarity with Tableau or competing reporting tools like Power BI, Looker, Qlik
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering related experience
Preferred Qualifications/Good to have:
- Knowledge of emerging cloud data warehouse technologies for e.g. Snowflake, AWS Data Lakes, Redshift
- Working knowledge of scheduling tools like Airflow, AWS Batch etc.
- Familiarity with microservices/SOA architecture
- Experience adhering to robust audit standards
- Distributed and low latency (streaming) application architecture. Experience in stream processing technology (Kafka, Spark, Storm, Samza, Flink, etc.
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 260 million images and more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top