The Data Infrastructure Team at Shutterstock is responsible for our data transport pipeline (clickstream, events, metrics, etc), the long term storage and availability of that data, and providing access to insights. We're looking for an exceptional engineer with a passion of enabling data for consumption across our organization. We believe in providing access that encourage data interaction, exploration, and analysis.
- Build scalable applications that collect high volume data
- Built applications and tools that enable analysis of data
- Develop and improve tools to load and process our raw data
- Help manage and scale our real-time data processing and analytics systems
- Work closely and collaboratively in an Agile environment with our developers and product teams to analyze issues and find new insights into our business and operations.
- Base understanding of linux systems operations
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem tools: HDFS/S3, Hive, Map/Reduce, Yarn, Pig, Sqoop, Oozie
- 5+ years experience developing software in one of the following languages: Python, Java/Scala (or other JVM language)
- Experience with a stream processing technology (Spark, Storm, Samza, Flink, etc)
- Understanding of structured and unstructured data design/modeling
- Understanding of columnar data storage formats
- Experience with configuration management tools [puppet, chef, etc]
- Experience or exposure to terraform, kubernetes, docker, etc
- Experience with ETL process / software [Pentaho, Scalding, Cascading, Luigi, Airflow, etc]
- Experience with Cassandra, Vertica
- Experience with Kafka, Kinesis, Druid
- Experience in predictive analytics
- Open source contributions
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
VP, Content Operations
Paul is responsible for scaling Shutterstock's content strategy and distribution processes—helping contributors better monetize their creative brands and maximizing company revenue.
Back to top