Data DevOps Engineer
- Dublin, Ireland
This role will be responsible for helping to define and provide the foundation for our next-generation data services. With a strong focus on automation and elasticity, you will contribute to how our data infrastructure scales to support the overall growth of our platform, data products, and services. We are looking for someone that is passionate about automation, repeatability, quality, and knowledge sharing within a team environment.
- Build and operate large-scale data infrastructure programs in a cloud environment (performance, reliability, monitoring)
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge, including Open-Source projects
- Work closely and collaboratively in an Agile environment with our engineers and product teams to analyze issues and find new insights covering our business and operations
- Day to day operational support of data infrastructure and services
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Deep understanding of distributed systems principles (consistency and availability, liveness and safety, durability, reliability, fault-tolerance, consensus algorithms)
- Strong understanding and experience AWS and cloud concepts (VPC, EC2, Route53, Kinesis, ECS, IAM, and others)
- Experience writing infrastructure as code. (Terraform)
- Experience bringing open-source software to production at scale.
- Experience designing, implementing and debugging distributed systems that run across thousands of nodes
- Hands-on experience deploying, debugging and maintaining JVM based applications.
- Hands-on experience with Big Data ecosystem - Yarn, Hive, HDFS, Spark, Presto, Parquet, HBase
- Experience working with and building real-time compute and streaming infrastructure - Kafka, Kinesis, Flink, Storm, Beam
- Experience with workflow management (Airflow, Oozie)
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 297 million images and more than 16 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company’s brands also include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top