Data Analyst, Custom Data Analysis for Editorial
Shutterstock is growing by leaps and bounds, and our data is too! We are looking for a bright and driven data analyst with a passion for data, data mining, and data analysis to support our rapid business growth. The Data Analyst for Editorial is responsible for creating and owning KPIs and dashboards for the Editorial business unit. This position reports to the Director of Business Analytics; it will collaborate on budget planning and revenue forecasting analysis with both the Editorial business stakeholders and the FP&A team.
- Create and maintain Editorial dashboards and reports, which will enable the Editorial GM and Sales Teams to drive business performance
- Oversee business performance metrics and trending analysis; make recommendations to management where improvement is indicated
- Conduct sales productivity, sales performance, and customer retention analysis
- Work with FP&A on budget planning and revenue forecast process
- Run weekly analytics meeting for Editorial business unit
- Work closely with GM, Product, Sales/Marketing, and Operations to setup and provide data, insights, and ad hoc analyses for business decision making
- 2+ years professional experience of consultation to internal groups or departments
- Strong knowledge of SQL required
- Proficient in Excel and a strong understanding of both statistics and regression
- Proficiency in Tableau, R, or similar statistical/visualization/dashboarding tools preferred
- Excellent analytical skills including cohort analysis & lifetime value analytics
- Experience with subscription products is a plus
- Understanding of database structures and data mining techniques preferred
- Knowledge of visual techniques for data analysis and presentation
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics, as well as A/B and Multivariate testing techniques and measurements is a plus
- Knowledge of key digital marketing KPIs (CPC/CACs, LTRs, etc.) preferred
- Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptionally organized self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with flawless customer-centric focus
- BS/BA in Math, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Economics, Finance, or related fields
Shutterstock, a global technology company, has created the largest and most vibrant two-sided marketplace for creative professionals to license content - including images, videos, and music - as well as innovative tools that power the creative process.
The company has expanded its portfolio to include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and Webdam, a cloud-based digital asset management platform for businesses, as well as Offset, a high-end image collection.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
VP, Content Operations
Paul is responsible for scaling Shutterstock's content strategy and distribution processes—helping contributors better monetize their creative brands and maximizing company revenue.
Back to top