Shutterstock is growing by leaps and bounds and our data is too. We are looking for a bright and driven Data Analyst with a passion for data, data mining, and data analysis, to support our rapid business growth. The Data Analyst is responsible for creating and owning Motion KPI dashboards and business performance reports, conducting business impact, retention, and trending analysis, evaluating product usage including download, clickstream, and user behavior trends, drawing insights from data to identify business, technology, and process gaps, performing causation and correlation analysis, conducting and partnering with Data Science on machine learning segmentation, and working with our FP&A team to maintain revenue forecasting models. The Data Analyst will play a key role in the Motion operations and strategy of a rapidly growing, publicly traded technology company.
- Create and maintain Motion dashboards and reports
- Contribute to the Weekly Financial Overview presentation to the management team
- Contribute to the monthly fact pack for the Board of Directors
- Review monthly financial results against plan and provide leadership team with insight, trends, and highlights
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance, focusing on currency, geography, product line, margin impact, customer behavior and other trend drivers
- Contribute to quarterly and monthly financial reporting
- Update and maintain real-time revenue tracking and forecasting capabilities
- Work with FP&A on forecast process and opportunities for automation
- Run ad hoc analysis requests by GM, product, marketing, operations
- Lead Motion BU weekly analytics meeting
- Work closely with GM, Director of Motion Operations, and Finance to provide data and insight for business decisioning
- 2+ years professional experience as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst, or related occupation
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Dashboard experience with tools such as Tableau or other BI reporting tools
- Excellent analytical skills including cohort analysis and lifetime value analytics
- Experience with subscription products is a plus
- Experience with Python, R, Scala and/or Spark a plus
- Understanding of A/B and multivariate testing techniques and measurements
- Knowledge of key digital marketing KPIs (CPC, CAC, LTR, etc.) preferred
- Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptionally organized and a self-starter who can work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with flawless customer-centric focus
- BS/BA in Math, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Economics, Finance, or related fields
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
VP, Content Operations
Paul is responsible for scaling Shutterstock's content strategy and distribution processes—helping contributors better monetize their creative brands and maximizing company revenue.
Back to top