Customer Care Advocate, Bilingual (German and English)
Shutterstock is a global technology company that powers one of the world’s largest marketplaces for high quality photos, illustrations, videos and music utilized by corporations, creative agencies, media and entertainment production companies, and news agencies of all sizes. Our goal is to help the world experience images, footage, and music in a more beautiful way.
About the opportunity: Customer Care Advocate
Our mission is to not only provide our customers with the content and tools needed to complete their projects but empower them to use those products in seamless and inventive ways for success. To accomplish our goals, we equip our Customer Care teams with award-winning customer service from our Customer Care Advocates.
Reporting directly to a Customer Care Manager, you will communicate via phone, email, and/or live chat while collaborating with your team members across the globe in NYC and Singapore! You can expect to answer product questions, troubleshoot user issues, develop relationships with the customers, and handle any other miscellaneous care needs with customers who prefer to speak in German and English.
Important notes about this opening:
- We will only contact applicants who are fluent or native level in English and German.
- You must be have a valid Right to Work in Germany for at least 12 months by the time you submit an application. We are unable to sponsor individuals for work visas at this time.
- This has a specified shift different from standard business hours:
- Shift: 8h00 to 16h30 CEST
- Working days: Sunday through Thursday
As a Customer Care Advocate:
You can expect to...
- Interact with existing and prospective customers via inbound phone calls to provide product and package information and account assistance
- Reply to email, live chat, and social media inquiries about products and services
- Listen to the customer’s needs, projects and goals to recommend the best products, and send as referrals to the appropriate sales team
- Achieve productivity standards and goals while maintaining the highest level of courteous and professional customer care
- Record customer interactions, details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as the actions took
- Use Salesforce to track, gather information, and/or troubleshoot customer issues
- Refer unresolved customer issues to designated Customer Care Manager for resolution
- To be fluent (both written and oral) in English and German
- 1-2 years of customer service, solving complex issues, troubleshooting, and problem resolution; preferably within e-commerce, media, or software organizations.
- Exceptional writing abilities to provide clear and empathetic customer support through email and live chat
- Understanding of Photoshop and digital imaging manipulation techniques
- Some knowledge of stock photography licensing terms (ie, royalty free versus rights managed)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, not required, but preferred.
You describe yourself as...
- Passionate about the customer and the service you provide to them
- Able to thrive within and welcome organizational change
- Highly organized and detail oriented to manage multiple tasks at once
- Driven to complete tasks swiftly and thoroughly
What you can expect from us:
Culture. Our culture thrives on the unique individuals that make up Shutterstock; this uniqueness empowers us as a whole. Follow @LifeatShutterstock on Instagram for a behind-the-scenes look at our culture and life.
Learning opportunities. Our team takes advantage of many learning opportunities through LinkedIn Learning and in-house workshops. This ambition brings new and passionate innovation and ideas to the table at Shutterstock.
Benefits. We work hard to make sure everyone gets the most out of working with us. Along with a competitive salary, Shutterstock offers the total package, including in-office snacks, in-office massages biweekly, affordable health coverage options, a 401K match program, fitness benefits, and much more! All this, nestled into our open, collaboration-inducing environment, you'll love being a member of our team!
Interested in becoming a Customer Care Advocate?
If you meet the profile outlined above, fill out and submit the application below!
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be personally contacted. We kindly ask that you do not submit multiple applications, as this action does not increase your chances for selection and will instead delay the interview process. Be sure to verify that your contact information is correct before submitting.
Shutterstock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept all applicants regardless of race, religion, sex, age, disability, or Veteran status.
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 350,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 180 million images and more than 9 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; and Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Product Support Specialist
Tobi is in charge of managing Shutterstock’s support channels, which means assisting customers and contributors with requests and implementing permanent solutions for any issues.
Back to top