We’re looking for a talented and conceptual Copywriter to join our Creative team as the developer of eCommerce concepts copy for multiple brands. You will help develop creative strategies and participate in conceptual development through a variety of marketing collateral pieces including landing pages, digital ads (static and video), email, print and video. The ideal candidate for this role is flexible, versatile, and meticulous.
- Expertise in eCommerce-based copy and ability to employ proven direct-response tactics a must
- Write copy that supports our company’s brands, compels the reader to take action and drives sales on our websites, landing pages, product pages, sale promotions, upsells, cross-sells, UX experiences and transactional pages, etc.
- Develop a variety of other marketing materials including digital ads (static and video), emails, social posts, print ads and more.
- Collaborate with a variety of individuals in the creation of marketing materials, including fellow writers and designers on the creative team, the larger marketing team, research, product and legal teams.
- Participate in and occasionally lead brainstorming sessions with the VP of Creative, fellow writers, designers and marketing managers.
- Project manage when necessary, seeing projects from copy creation through to final production.
- Conduct research and fact-check as needed.
- Proofing tasks as necessary.
- Interact with customer base as needed (interviews, shoots, contests, etc.)
- 5+ years’ experience in digital copywriting with solid eCommerce website copywriting experience
- Strong conceptual abiliity
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates versatility, creative thinking, and a sense of humor
- Confidence in your ability to juggle multiple assignments in a fast-moving workplace
- A proven ability to test and optimize copy to increase conversions
- An affinity for the photo, design, and tech communities
- Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Video copywriting experience a plus
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top