Cloud Services Engineer
Are you interested in contributing to build a modern rock solid, fault tolerant, auto scale and self healing application, perfectly monitored, in the cloud? Do you love the idea of working in an environment with the spirit of a former start-up, but the financial backing of a well established company?
You’ll be working across a range of business units offering a ton of autonomy and a lot of variety. This is a unique opportunity to work with smart people to solve complex problems in distributed systems, monitoring, alerting, metrics collection, dashboard, reports, non trivial deployment and performance problem, data analytics, network monitoring, security, root cause analysis for problem, prediction, multi-tenant Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS).
Customers want higher availability, quick problem fixing and best-in-class user experience. We help Shutterstock application teams to deliver those high expectations. Our mission is to put in place very high standards to operate our application.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Systems Engineer. You will work with the development team and management to help and automate… everything. The role is a mix of systems engineering, automation engineering, network operations, data engineering and DevOps. You should be comfortable with operation, monitoring, automating - collecting metrics, and analytics. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
A great system engineer will make all the difference for our team, our organization, our product, and our customers. Are you passionate about customer satisfaction and sleeping well at night without worrying about any emergency alarm? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and want to be an integral part of a truly great team? Come join us!
- 6+ years of experience in software development/operations
- 3+ years of experience in developing/operating large scale distributed services / applications
- Proficiency in command line and scripting language
- Experience working with fault tolerant, highly available, high traffic/throughput, distributed, scalable systems
- Knowledge of cloud compute technologies, network monitoring, performance
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Good understanding of Datacenter, Networking, Software Development, Release Management, Automation and Testing
- Knowledge of tools - New Relic, Prometheus, Elastic Search, Kibana, Garafana, Terraform, Kubernetes
- CI/CD pipeline (e.g. Jenkins, …)
- Contributions to Open Source projects is an asset
- Knowledge of Scrum & Agile Methodologies
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top