Cloud Platform Engineer
Shutterstock is looking for talented Cloud Platform Engineers to slam dunk hard-driven projects with high-pressure deadlines, and nail sudden adrenaline-pumping severe issues that could cost the business tens of thousands of dollars a second. You will be working within a team of highly-motivated peers creating solutions that are high-quality, performant and scalable.
At Shutterstock, customers are our number one priority, and we work hard to deliver value to them with everything we do. On a given day within the Cloud Platform Engineering team, you could be involved in architecting solutions and deploying cloud solutions, researching cloud services to bring better cost efficiency and performance to the company, enabling DevOps best practices, and organizing the migration of legacy applications to either container-based solutions in Kubernetes or AWS EC2.
Shutterstock teams are empowered to own their applications. By joining our team, you will be involved in everything from development of the software itself, to defining the vision for new services, prioritizing new projects and proactively making improvements to existing deployments.
- 2+ years of experience in software development / operations
- 2+ years of experience in developing / operating large scale distributed services / applications
- Proficiency in command line and scripting languages
- Experience working with fault tolerant, highly available, high traffic/throughput, distributed, scalable systems
- Knowledge of cloud compute technologies, network monitoring, and performance
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Good understanding of Datacenter, Networking, Software Development, Release Management, Automation and Testing
- Knowledge of tools such as New Relic, Prometheus, Grafana, Terraform, Kubernetes
- CI/CD pipeline (e.g. Jenkins...)
- Contributions to Open Source projects is an asset
- Knowledge of Scrum & Agile Methodologies
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Product Support Specialist
Tobi is in charge of managing Shutterstock’s support channels, which means assisting customers and contributors with requests and implementing permanent solutions for any issues.
Back to top