Business Development Manager, Media
Shutterstock is a global technology company that powers one of the world’s largest marketplaces for high quality photos, illustrations, videos and music utilized by corporations, creative agencies, media and entertainment production companies, and news agencies of all sizes. Our goal is to help the world experience images, footage, and music in a more beautiful way.
About the opportunity: Business Development Manager, Media
We’re seeking a Business Development Manager to join the Shutterstock team in our Los Angeles or San Francisco office. The ideal candidate is hardworking and goal-oriented, with a “hunter” personality and a passion for sales. The candidate hired in this role will work on Shutterstock’s Enterprise Sales Team and will be working with large clients including advertising agencies, publishers, corporations, and production houses.
- Meeting or exceeding monthly sales targets by growing business and revenue within the assigned territory and/or account list
- Prospecting key target clients, with an emphasis on Enterprise level companies, to meet new business objectives within the assigned territory
- Leading demonstrations of our Enterprise platform
- Structuring Enterprise level agreements
- Identifying new revenue opportunities and creative ways to grow the business
- Creating strong relationships with key decision makers
- Building contact list through outbound communication
- Setting face-to-face meetings in assigned territory
- Educating accounts, prospects and decision makers on Shutterstock enterprise products and value proposition
- Strengthening Shutterstock awareness within assigned territory list
- Working closely with assigned account manager to create strategy, focus, and prioritization within assigned territory and/or account list
- Identify, negotiate, and plan marketing, PR, and social activities
The ideal candidate profile:
- 5+ years of outbound sales experience dealing with advertising agencies, media companies, and direct clients.
- Experience working with entertainment or production companies a plus
- SaaS sales experience preferred, not required
- Process-oriented sales approach with emphasis on client facing activity, management of pipeline & negotiating Enterprise level agreements
- Proven results in consistently exceeding sales targets
- Proven ability to foster relationships with key decision makers
- Proven ability to manage and grow accounts as well as develop new business
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal departments to facilitate current and future business requirements
What you can expect from us:
Culture. Our culture thrives on the unique individuals that make up Shutterstock; this uniqueness empowers us as a whole. Follow @LifeatShutterstock on Instagram for a behind-the-scenes look at our culture and life.
Learning opportunities. Our team takes advantage of many learning opportunities through LinkedIn Learning and in-house workshops. This ambition brings new and passionate innovation and ideas to the table at Shutterstock.
Benefits. We work hard to make sure everyone gets the most out of working with us. Along with a competitive salary, Shutterstock offers the total package, including a snack-filled office, affordable health coverage options, a 401K match program, fitness benefits, and much more!
Interested in becoming a Business Development Manager, Media?
If you meet the profile outlined above, fill out and submit the application below!
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be personally contacted. We kindly ask that you do not submit multiple applications.
Shutterstock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept all applicants regardless of race, religion, sex, age, disability, or Veteran status.
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 350,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 180 million images and more than 9 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; and Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Product Support Specialist
Tobi is in charge of managing Shutterstock’s support channels, which means assisting customers and contributors with requests and implementing permanent solutions for any issues.
Back to top