Business Development Manager - Editorial
Rex by Shutterstock is a leading photographic press agency and picture library, supplying a daily service of news, celebrity, features, and stock photos to media in the UK and worldwide. It is one of the leading sources of editorial photography, with contributors and sales agents throughout the world. Shutterstock is an established, ten-year-old, rapidly growing, global content and technology company based in Manhattan. We helped to transform the stock photography industry by pioneering a subscription-based purchase model. We offer a professional, energetic, and vibrant culture within a creative industry.
Continued growth of our content library (now 70+ million images), product portfolio and customer base are creating new career opportunities. We are now seeking a Senior Account Executive - Editorial..
- Meeting or exceeding monthly sales targets by growing business and revenue within the assigned account list - with specific focus on Shutterstock’s Editorial content
- Prospecting key target clients to meet new business objectives - target industries include: Print/Digital publishers, Digital Media, Newspapers, and Broadcast/Local TV
- Identifying new revenue opportunities and creative ways to grow the business
- Collaborate with Shutterstock Product team to enhance Editorial content & product offering
- Creating strong relationships with key decision makers
- Building contact list through outbound communication
- Setting face-to-face meetings in assigned territory
- Educating accounts, prospects and decision makers on Shutterstock Editorial products and value proposition
- Strengthening Shutterstock awareness within assigned territory list
- Working closely with assigned Account Manager to create strategy, focus, and prioritization within assigned territory and/or account list
- Identify, negotiate, and plan marketing, PR and social activities
- 5+ years of outbound sales experience dealing with advertising agencies, media companies, and direct clients
- Experience in selling Editorial licensed content is preferred
- Proven results in consistently exceeding sales targets
- Proven ability to foster relationships with key decision makers
- Proven ability to manage and grow accounts as well as develop new business
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal departments to facilitate current and future business requirements
- Industry related experience a huge plus (stock photography, publishing or advertising)
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
As a member of the Legal Team, Jayshree handles all of Shutterstock’s corporate legal work, from securities and exchange commission compliance to major company transactions.
Back to top