Business Development Executive, Platform Solutions
We are seeking an account executive to join the Platform Solutions team. This team builds and grows strategic relationships with high-value technology companies, enabling access to Shutterstock content directly within external applications. Through the Shutterstock API, we power integrations with companies such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, and Pinterest.
As an account executive, you will develop new revenue-generating partnerships with top consumer and enterprise tech companies. These are product-driven partnerships which require a strategic, consultative business development approach. The ideal candidate will be able to hunt for qualified opportunities, propose innovative solutions that create long-term value for our partners and effectively negotiate and close deals. This is an mid-level position with high earning potential based on performance.
- Ownership of the entire sales cycle, from lead to close
- Pitch new deals, create proposals, negotiate agreements and win new business
- Identify and establish lasting relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers
- Understand how to communicate to business sponsors as well as product leads
- Educate potential partners on the benefits of integrating Shutterstock into their products
- Grow and manage a robust pipeline and consistently meet and exceed quota
- Communicate and escalate issues internally when appropriate with legal, account management and technical teams
- Evangelize our partner program at conferences and networking events
- 10-20% travel may be required
- Fluency in German and English is required, French or any additional languages a plus
- Previous successful sales experience, preferably in tech. Enterprise SaaS or API sales a huge plus
- Top closer in their previous roles with proven track record of generating revenue
- Demonstrated interest in technology and business development
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Driven, highly organized, team player
- Likes to win and takes ownership of their own success
- Hunter with ability to foster relationships with key decision makers
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience analyzing program trends and recommending impactful improvements
- Direct experience managing product integrations, strategic partnerships, or workflow solutions a plus
- Knowledge of trends and leading companies in digital content creation a plus
- Knowledge of software products that improve sales efficiencies a plus
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Back to top