This position is a hybrid IT Support / AV role with strong emphasis working with Shutterstock’s AV infrastructure. We’re looking for a versatile team player who will be the main point of contact for all AV related needs and troubleshooting problems. In addition to your AV responsibilities, you’ll be providing global IT support for the Enterprise Help desk.
As an AV Technician you are the go-to person for AV and streaming needs, providing front line user support for all of Shutterstock’s internal tools and technologies. You troubleshoot, respond to inquiries and find solutions to technical challenges. You improve the Shutterstock user experience as you handle equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner. The successful candidate strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and internal customers.
You will occasionally partner with various teams including security, networking and infrastructure. The ideal candidate is a fast learner with great enthusiasm, personality, and approachability who can support the IT needs of global offices of all sizes and Shutterstock employees of varying technical background.
- Update and maintain standards for AV design of All-Hands webcast ready spaces
- Tier-3 troubleshooting of HDMI, Savant, and Digital Audio systems
- Daily system testing to insure equipment and room functionality
- Perform employee training on Video conferencing and Google Hangouts
- Acting technical liaison to events team(s)
- Attendance at weekly events meeting
- Front line user support for all of Shutterstock’s internal tools and technologies
- The successful candidate will ensure all conferencing spaces are presentable for use in addition to pre-testing equipment for functionality before each use.
- Work with internal ticketing system.
- Accept and maintain ownership of assigned tasks through end user follow-up and sustain awareness of open issues.
- Continually look for opportunities to develop solutions through process automation, and improved reliability.
- Survey your internal customers for their satisfaction with the help desk service.
- Assign appropriate priority and severity levels to incoming tasks and escalate them per corporate procedures.
- Share knowledge gained in support process.
- Perform routine testing and problem diagnosis for projectors, microphones, speakers, amplifiers, LCD/Plasma Displays, scalers, and switches.
- Interface with One Button, our AV buildout contractor company.
- 2+ years of directly-related industry experience
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- (unless we’re going to have him trained on Savant)
- Experience producing webcast ready AV control rooms for large presentation spaces
- Moderate experience with broadcast switching equipment
- Moderate experience with video storage solutions
- Moderate experience with streaming video
- Experience with Chromebox-for-meetings systems
- Mid level experience designing multi-component rack mounted AV solutions
- Mid level experience with server-side encoding
- High level knowledge of audio and video codecs
- Maintaining documentation (Knowledge Base, Wiki, Help Desk Incident Tracking System).
- Acute attention to detail.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Strong customer-service mindset, organizational, prioritization, multitasking, communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to multitask, handle several projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Experience including telepresence, gotowebinar, join.me
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top