We’re looking for an Art Director with killer design chops and a fundamental understanding of well executed, high converting designs to join our Creative team as a lead creative for our multiple brands. You will help develop creative strategies and lead conceptual development through a variety of marketing collateral pieces including landing pages, digital ads (static and video), email, print, video and experiential. The ideal candidate for this role is flexible, versatile, and meticulous.
- Strong conceptual thinker, able to see campaign ‘big picture’
- Collaborate with a variety of individuals in the creation of marketing materials, including fellow designers on the creative team, the larger marketing team, research, product and legal teams.
- Design pieces that support our company’s brands, compels the user to take action and drives sales on our websites, landing pages, product pages, sale promotions, upsells, cross-sells, UX experiences and transactional pages, etc.
- Appetite to create assets for testing & optimizing, based on performance data, often mid campaign.
- Convert rough ideas into visual prototypes (e.g., sketches, layout drafts) to illustrate concepts for creative reviews.
- Recommends, researches and develops imagery (e.g., photography, illustration) to support creative strategy and execution.
- Collaborates with copywriters to artfully build creative solutions to address specific project objectives.
- Participate in and occasionally lead brainstorming sessions with the VP of Creative, fellow designers and marketing managers.
- Ensures brand guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions.
- Works to improve the integrated team’s overall performance and embraces a collaborative approach.
- 4+ years of in house or ad agency experience
- 2+ years of experience producing integrated campaigns, digital campaigns and experiential
- A strong portfolio that presents integrated ideas and advertising/marketing concepts
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with other disciplines to ensure concepts/designs/copy are communicating the desired message
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative, work efficiently and be flexible when quick-turnaround projects come up in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to handle various projects simultaneously
- Experience with ecommerce-based direct response design and ability to employ proven direct-response tactics is preferred
- A proven ability to test and optimize creative to increase conversions
- Solid understanding of intuitive site functionality, interaction, user interfaces, and navigation
- An affinity for the photo, design, and tech communities
- Excellent presentation skills
- Video/motion experience a plus
- Along with resume and cover letter, please provide links to your portfolio and most recent work.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top