API Solutions Engineer
Shutterstock is a rapidly growing and profitable tech company headquartered in New York City that powers visual creativity around the world. Shutterstock has the largest crowd-sourced digital content library in the world that includes photos, illustrations, vectors, video, and music.
We are seeking a Solutions Engineer to join the Shutterstock API team. The Shutterstock API makes it possible for other companies to add Shutterstock’s image, video, and music capabilities into their products. It powers both internal services and applications, as well as native integrations with companies like Facebook, Microsoft, and Pinterest.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will be the external-facing representation of Shutterstock’s API capabilities. This role involves handling integration questions from companies large and small, managing the Shutterstock developer portal, and accelerating development of our external API based on external developer requests. While this role is on the Shutterstock API team, you will also work directly with the business development team to establish and expand strategic partnerships through your API expertise.
- Work closely with business development, product management, and software engineers to ensure the successful relationship between Shutterstock and our high-value partners.
- Use your software engineering experience to guide partners toward successful technical integrations
- Prioritize and communicate partner needs to product and engineering teams.
- Write partner-specific code to enable successful integrations
- Act as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) and evangelize the Shutterstock API at hackathons or conferences
- Accelerate development of the Shutterstock API based on feedback from external developers and partners
- Maintain the Shutterstock API documentation, implement support for management of new features as they are added to the API
- Manage partner configuration through API management solution
- 3+ years of experience in API development and technical account management
- Passionate about APIs, product integrations, and workflow solutions
- Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems
- Able to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
- Able to split time between coding and guiding external partners
- Experience with development and deployment of consumer and enterprise products
- Comfort communicating with developers at other companies, from start-ups to some of the largest tech companies in the world
- Deeply understand the business of your partners, identify problems or opportunities, then address them using technology
- Experience with NodeJS and good knowledge of the key libraries
- Fluency in German and English languages is required.
- Experience operating in a Scrum environment and thorough understanding of Lean / Agile principles
- Technical pre-sales or consulting experience with enterprise accounts
- Experience in understanding large and complex codebases
- Knowledge of eCommerce and online marketing practices
- Has a good understanding of continuous delivery, writing unit tests and automated testing
- Experience in using an API management solution
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 260 million images and more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Tobi O.Associate Product Manager, Custom
Tobi is in charge of managing Shutterstock’s support channels, which means assisting customers and contributors with requests and implementing permanent solutions for any issues.
Back to top