API Core Engineer
- Dublin, Ireland
Shutterstock is a rapidly growing and profitable tech company headquartered in New York City that powers visual creativity around the world. Shutterstock has the largest crowd-sourced digital content library in the world that includes photos, illustrations, vectors, video, and music.
We are seeking a Core Engineer to join the Shutterstock API team. The Shutterstock API makes it possible for other companies to add Shutterstock’s image, video, and music capabilities into their products. It powers internal services and applications, as well as native integrations with companies like Facebook, Microsoft, and Google.
As a Core Engineer, you will work on the code and supporting platform for the Shutterstock API. This role involves developing the physical API, managing the network proxies, maintaining tooling and documentation, and building new applications that sit on top of the API. While this role is on the Shutterstock API team, you will also work with engineers and business stakeholders throughout the company.
- Build new features on the Shutterstock API based on product and partner requirements.
- Maintain current featureset, performance, and reliability of the current API.
- Develop documentation and tooling to simplify public integrations with the API.
- Maintain and optimize network paths for partner requests, including working within an API proxy.
- Monitor behavior of the API to ensure it is working optimally based on partner flows.
- Interface with business stakeholders and engineering teams throughout the company to collaborate on large initiatives.
- 3+ years of experience in API development
- Experience with NodeJS and React
- Passion around APIs, product integrations, and workflow solutions
- Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems
- Comfortable with cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience with development and deployment of consumer and enterprise products
- Deep understanding of continuous integration, deployment, and modern automated testing processes
- Understanding of service-oriented infrastructure
- Experience operating in a Scrum environment and understanding of Lean / Agile
- Experience in understanding large and complex codebases
- Knowledge of eCommerce and online marketing practices
- Ability to work with a distributed team
- Network Engineering experience
- Experience in using an API management solution
- Contributions to Open-Source community
We are one team collectively focused on creating an unrivaled experience for our Customers and Contributors. Our principles represent the mindset of the employee who will thrive at Shutterstock. If you are passionate about what you do, and want to become part of a cutting-edge technology company building industry leading products, please apply.
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 330 million images and more than 18 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company’s brands also include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top