Account Manager, Editorial
Shutterstock is looking for an Account Manager for our Editorial vertical. Our ideal candidate will be in over achiever in sales and client management, with ample experience in the Editorial / Publishing industry.
- To nurture, support, and help maintain and grow Editorial client relationships and revenue in conjunction with the SAE activities. The customers we typically support are print media, digital media, broadcast, book publishing and can include licensing to commercial clients.
- To understand Editorial client needs and match relevant products using both proactive and reactive approaches
- To partner with the wider Sales team, Marketing, Product, Content, Finance, Legal, Business Intelligence and other teams to improve the content search, purchase and licensing experience for our client base
- To manage account communication including telephone, email, and chat to identify customer issues and opportunities, and to be the primary customer advocate within Shutterstock who works as part of a team to create a solution.
- Responsible for understanding and communicating (including via online demos) the optimal use of company Web sites, products, user tools, content licenses and procedures to new and existing customers.
- Pre-sales support including client research, PowerPoint assistance and other pro-active support of the expert advocates.
- Account support including content searches, setting up image lightboxes, account setup, invoicing, reporting, and contact updates.
- Marketing communications -- working with the Sales and Marketing teams to help create, deploy and measure client emails, electronic collateral, events and educational tools.
- Discovering opportunities (via client reports and direct communication) for new product offerings or client growth areas, and identifying problems that may be hindering client sales.
- Improving client, Sales team, and Account Manager user experience by identifying complex or manual processes that can be simplified or automated; working with internal teams to propose and drive solutions.
- Contact management -- helping to update and improve client records and reporting in Salesforce and other systems.
- Helping to educate and train new Sales and Account Manager team members on systems, processes, and growth opportunities.
- The incumbant has a good working knowledge of their specialist area
- Fluent English and German
- You must enjoy helping people, solving problems, and working to provide a better user experience for customers. You're someone that others can count on, and someone they enjoy working with.
- Great interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (verbal, written, and design); and strong attention to detail and is able to build relationships at all levels.
- Strong customer service skills, and the ability to build and maintain relationships via telephone, email and chat.
- A minimum of two years experience working within a Sales or Customer Service environment, preferably within an advertising agency, media company, or technology organization.
- Knowledge of, or a strong interest in learning about, the agency creative process, Photoshop, photography,video, music, editorial and digital imagery.
- Any experience or understanding of commercial/editorial content licensing is a plus.
- Computer proficiency (Internet, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google docs, etc.). Experience using Salesforce a plus.
- Experience of Social Media an advantage
- Energy, enthusiasm, and ability to propose solutions to problems.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations,videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing communityof over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available. Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin,Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter and on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top