Senior Server, Consumer Team
This role may be for you if ...
- You have natural drive to make people’s lives easier and more rewarding … and always wanted to build an app for that
- You love playing social mobile games and think they are great inspiration for building engagement in non-gaming apps
- You have a solid architectural and software design background in mobile/server systems
- You thrive in fast-paced, fun, highly collaborative teams of 4-6 engineers
In a typical week you might ...
- Finish implementing a competitive leaderboard system tracking activities users perform in our app
- Present your user loyalty system design at an Engineering-wide architecture review
- Write exemplary code (that other developers refer to as the gold-standard)
- Mentor junior engineers on defensive coding and designing decoupled, reusable modules
- Perform code reviews for team members across Engineering
- Run daily standups, sprint retrospectives and planning meetings with participants from design, product, development, QA and data analytics.
We are looking for ...
- 5+ years of experience building sophisticated server-backends for consumer mobile apps
- 2+ years acting as project lead/SCRUM Master
- Strong coding ability in an object oriented language (preferably Python)
- Excellent knowledge of Linux based systems management, debugging and troubleshooting
- Understanding of the uses and characteristics of common server infrastructure technologies (e.g. Zookeeper, Memcached, Docker, DC/OS, Hadoop/HDFS)
- Experience with SQL (MySQL preferred)
- Excellent team player with strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Enthusiastic, collaborative problem solver
- Bachelor’s degree or better in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Extra points if you have ...
- Experience with various approaches to gamification
- Strong familiarity with native mobile development
- Experience building mobile / desktop web apps
- Experience with Cassandra
Meet Some of Shopkick's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
As Shopkick’s CEO, Bill provides leadership and oversees the direction of company growth and business strategy. His main goal is to ensure Shopkick’s people and culture are operating as a cohesive unit.
Back to top