Senior Manager, Engineering, Growth Team
This role may be for you if ...
- You A/B Test, Analyze, A/B Test, Analyze, A/B Test, Win (Rinse. Repeat.)
- You love building new technology but recognize not all tech is core to our business so integrating specialized SDKs/services allows us to move and learn more quickly.
- When you were a kid, every iteration of your lemonade stand increased the number of visitors, cups sold and revenue made.
- You thrive in fast-paced, fun, highly collaborative teams of 4-6 engineers.
- You value driven and supportive co-workers who respect quality code.
In a typical week you might ...
- Design a world-class invite system as a means to increase viral user acquisition
- Work with the Marketing and Data Analysts to understand the efficacy of user acquisition channels
- Evaluate app deep-linking options to improve knowledge of acquisition, engagement rates
- Perform architecture and code reviews for team members across Engineering
- Investigate the root cause of memory pressure on backend service hosts
- Perform 1:1s with your team members
- Mentor junior engineers on defensive coding and designing decoupled, reusable modules
We are looking for ...
- 7+ years of experience designing, building consumer facing service-backed mobile apps
- 3+ years of strong growth hacking experience
- 2+ years experience managing 5+ people
- Experience with various product measurement / analytics SDKs (e.g. Branch, Amplitude)
- Experience with A/B testing frameworks (e.g. Apptimize, Optimizely)
- Experience with communication platforms (e.g. Sendgrid, AppBoy)
- Experience using a variety of data platforms (MySQL, Cassandra, Hadoop, Druid preferred)
- Strong coding ability in an object oriented language (Python, Ruby, Java, C#, etc.)
- Excellent team player with strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent knowledge of Linux based systems management, debugging and troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of the uses and characteristics of common server infrastructure technologies (e.g. Zookeeper, Kafka, Memcached, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Bachelor’s degree or better in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Extra points if you have ...
- Deep experience with Python
- Experience building web apps
Meet Some of Shopkick's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
As Shopkick’s CEO, Bill provides leadership and oversees the direction of company growth and business strategy. His main goal is to ensure Shopkick’s people and culture are operating as a cohesive unit.
Back to top