Senior Manager, Engineering, Beautiful MIND Team
This role may be for you if ...
- You love the idea that a company (aka shopkick) can fundamentally change the way other companies shift their marketing and product development spend when given deep insights into consumer behaviours.
- You believe that ads are great as long as they are highly relevant and highly personal.
- You fundamentally believe the only way to build a solid product is by sitting with the customers (field trip!) so you can understand their needs.
- You thrive in fast-paced, fun, highly collaborative teams of 4-6 engineers.
- You value driven, supportive, collaborative co-workers who respect quality code.
In a typical week you might ...
- Design an ad and content targeting system to ensure personalized content for our users
- Review campaign web portal requirements with your Product Manager
- Meet with external companies and internal business teams to understand data insight needs
- Implement mobile client focused server APIs
- Perform architecture and code reviews for team members
- Investigate the root cause of memory pressure on backend service hosts
- Perform 1:1s with your team members
- Mentor junior engineers on defensive coding and designing decoupled, reusable modules
We are looking for ...
- 8+ years of experience designing, building large scale distributed systems
- 3+ years experience managing 5+ people
- Strong experience building ad tech, campaign systems and/or data management platforms
- Experience using a variety of data platforms (MySQL, Cassandra, Hadoop, Druid preferred)
- Strong coding ability in an object oriented language (Python, Ruby, Java, C#, etc.)
- Experience building client SDKs and/or server APIs for external consumption
- Excellent team player with strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Familiarity with open source web frameworks (such as Pylons, Rails, or Django)
- Excellent knowledge of Linux based systems management, debugging and troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of the uses and characteristics of common server infrastructure technologies (e.g. Zookeeper, Kafka, Memcached, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Bachelor’s degree or better in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Extra points if you have ...
- Experience building business-focused web portals
- Experience building iOS and Android libraries, SDKs or apps
- Strong experience working with Data Science teams
- Deep experience with Python
Meet Some of Shopkick's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
As Shopkick’s CEO, Bill provides leadership and oversees the direction of company growth and business strategy. His main goal is to ensure Shopkick’s people and culture are operating as a cohesive unit.
Back to top