Senior Data Platform Engineer
Shopkick is on a mission to bring delight and reward to the consumer shopping experience. As part of the Trax Retail family, we are a pre-IPO unicorn looking to accelerate our growth trajectory as we partner with major brands and retailers, ranging from H&M and Unilever to Best Buy and Purina, to transform the way people engage with stores and products, both online and in the physical world.
Shopkick is looking for a Senior Data Platform Engineer with a strong background in the architecture & design of cloud-native systems built for scale. You will be participating in an effort to modernize our core services; building many solutions from the ground up. To be successful in this role you will have a deep understanding of large scale data platforms, experience with Scrum, and a strong desire to help make the company as efficient and productive as possible. You will help build out our data pipeline and tools and you will work closely with our core services team to ensure our systems work for millions of users.
This role may be for you if...
- You live and breathe data and the only thing better is helping build the platform to process it.
- You obsessively track and tinker with open source data projects and look at how they can be applied to your daily work.
- You love being able to use the theory of your Computer Science background in your everyday work.
- You thrive in fast-paced, highly collaborative teams of 3-5 engineers.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to...
- Build a streaming pipeline that processes thousands of events per sec.
- Help an analyst to productionize their ETL job in Airflow.
- Research the latest trends in the Big Data world and see if it can better our architecture.
- Add support to our data access layer libraries to support a new query pattern.
- Attend an architecture review, giving feedback on data storage, quality and reporting needs.
- Contribute a patch to an open source project like Airflow, Zeppelin or Kafka.
We are looking for...
- 4+ years of experience designing and implementing large scale software.
- 2+ years of experience working with Streaming infrastructure and technologies like Kafka/ KStreams/ Spark.
- 2+ years of experience working with ETL technologies like Airflow, Luigi, Azkaban.
- Strong coding ability in an object oriented language (preferably Java and python ).
- Excellent SQL and data modeling skills.
- Team player with strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Enthusiastic about collaborative problem solving.
- Bachelor's degree or better in Computer Science.
Extra points if you have...
- Experience working with cloud platforms like GCP/ AWS/ Azure.
- Experience with Schema Registry.
- Experience with Document stores like Firestore/ Couchbase.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Shopkick are considered the property of Shopkick and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Back to top