Senior Data Engineer, Data Platform Team
This role may be for you if...
- You view the world as pools of data and believe it is your job to create the tools and platform needed to process it all
- When you hear the words ETL you are curious what decade we are in since you process everything in real-time, using the latest technology
- You love being able to use the theory of your Computer Science background in your everyday work
- You thrive in fast-paced, highly collaborative teams of 3-5 engineers.
In a typical week you might ...
- Present your schema management system design at an Engineering-wide architecture review
- Investigate, deploy and implement a caching solution for enabling real-time joins of big data sets
- Add a new feature to an open source project like Presto, Airflow, Superset, Druid or Kafka
- Develop a data quality validation framework used for both testing and real time production data
- Design tools enabling easy-to-use workflows for internal teams using the data platform
We are looking for ...
- 7+ years of experience designing and implementing large scale software
- 4+ years of experience working with Big Data technologies like Kafka, Hadoop and Spark
- Experience designing a real-time big data platform
- Experience deploying and managing big data infrastructure
- Strong coding ability in an object oriented language (preferably Python, Java or Scala)
- Excellent SQL and data modeling skills
- Deep experience with Spark, Druid and/or Cassandra
- Excellent team player with strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Enthusiastic about collaborative problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree or better in Computer Science
Extra points if you have ...
- Experience with Superset and/or D3js
Work perks ...
- From stock options to bonuses, you’ll be rewarded when goals are met
- Our Flexible Time Off policy let's you take as many days as you need. When your work is covered, we encourage you to recharge.
- Monthly transit subsidies
Meet Some of Shopkick's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
As Shopkick’s CEO, Bill provides leadership and oversees the direction of company growth and business strategy. His main goal is to ensure Shopkick’s people and culture are operating as a cohesive unit.
Back to top