Senior Data Analyst, Analytics and Business Intelligence
Shopkick is on a mission to bring delight and reward to the consumer shopping experience. As part of the Trax Retail family, we are a pre-IPO unicorn looking to accelerate our growth trajectory as we partner with major brands and retailers, ranging from H&M and Unilever to Best Buy and Purina, to transform the way people engage with stores and products, both online and in the physical world.
We are in search of a detail-oriented Senior Data Analyst to join our Analytics & Business Intelligence team. If obscure Excel functions permeate your dreams, or you view your life as a series of complex joins, then this might be the role for you. You will be responsible for supporting our Sales & Operations teams in making better decisions via scalable reporting and insights.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work with Sales & Operations stakeholders to define actionable reporting & visualization requirements, for both internal and external client facing use cases
- Develop & maintain standardized data pipelines, data layers & report templates and produce actionable insights to support the Sales & Operations stakeholders
- Support review of sales planning & forecasting, opportunity progression, pipeline management and campaign performance, against weekly, monthly & quarterly goals
- Implement and scale the tools, systems and processes for delivering reporting, data and insights to stakeholders & leadership
- Become a steward of standardized metrics & best practices for dashboards across the company
- Build & maintain summarization layers to support scalable reporting & democratization of data across the org
- Scale reporting & dashboarding, along with alerting mechanisms, using tools like Tableau, Metric Insights etc.
Who we are looking for:
You are innately curious, a self-starter and multi-tasker. You believe in "Done is better than Perfect", but also strive to produce the best work possible, in everything you do. You are adept at navigating through organised chaos by approaching things with a logical and analytical mind, using process where needed, while not letting it stall progress if you face blockers. You are a good storyteller, and are able to communicate effectively using oral, written & presentation mediums. In addition, you:
- Have the confidence to make quick decisions & the courage to fail forward in doing so
- Have 4+ years of experience as a Sales and/or BI analyst. Experience with both consumer and advertising technologies is a big plus
- Have experience with designing data layers, building ETL pipelines to build and maintain said data layers, to build dashboards and reports
- Have advanced data visualization skills, show the ability to tell stories and make dashboards actionable
- Have the ability to teach a masterclass in query writing and data visualization, with an emphasis on choosing the best approach and tools for the job
- Have experience writing complex queries on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a big plus
- Have experience with reporting solutions/infrastructure like Tableau etc.
- Are comfortable working in scripting languages such as Python
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics (quantitative) or equivalent
- Have awesome stories to tell of the impact you have had on other products and businesses in your career
Before you apply, we encourage you to take a few minutes to read and consider this blog post by our CPO/CTO: https://blog.usejournal.com/getting-the-pm-interview-and-then-cracking-it-94095a69b3c6
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Shopkick are considered the property of Shopkick and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Back to top