Quality Engineering Manager
- Redwood City, CA
Shopkick is a shopping app (30M+ downloads) that connects brands and retailers to consumers along the entire path to purchase. We provide measurable solutions for our customers as we get our audience to engage with content, learn about and pick up products helping drive incremental store traffic and sales using "kicks" instead of cash back, coupons, or discounts.
Shopkick is looking for a hands-on Quality Engineering Manager who can bring their ideas, vision, and experience to build and manage the SQE team. Candidates must have a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated test design, automation, and delivering high-quality products. Join us and build something meaningful.
- Own quality and testing of ShopKick's products, ensuring exceptional customer experiences across our product portfolio
- Hands-on leadership and development of our internal QE team and 3rd party QA resources
- Setup processes, develop testing strategies, and implement automation to improve impact of QE on our releases
- Partner with product development and engineering teams to define quality standards and metrics for our products and infrastructure
- Participate in Agile workflows (sprint planning, daily scrum, retrospectives)
- 5 years of experience testing high-volume consumer-facing web sites & mobile applications as part of an agile team
- 2 years of QA/QE leadership experience
- Demonstrable experience with:
- Python, Java, Swift, Kotlin, and Objective-C application testing
- Tools such as Selenium, Appium, XCUITest, Espresso, Postman, Device Farm, and/or SauceLabs
- Leveraging third-party remote crowd QA platforms such as Applause or Rainforest
- Management of off-shore/near-shore QA resources
- Ability to review user stories and provide feedback to PMs
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and shifting priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills both in person and utilizing a team communication tool such as Slack
- BS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with test case management systems like TestRail or TestLodge
- Experience working on Performance and Stress/Load tests
- Experience using Mock APIs to facilitate application testing
- Experience testing video streaming and encoding workflows
- Experience with fraud detection, security testing, etc.
- Exposure to Accessibility testing (WCAG 2.0 AA)
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Shopkick are considered the property of Shopkick and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Back to top