Shopkick is on a mission to bring delight and reward to the consumer shopping experience. As part of the Trax Retail family, we are a pre-IPO unicorn looking to accelerate our growth trajectory as we partner with major brands and retailers to transform the way people engage with stores and products, both online and in the physical world.
We are looking for a highly motivated Product Design Manager to drive the future of Shopkick's product design vision, process, and design system. In this role you will lead a team of UX/Product Designers, partner with product/engineering and stakeholders, design engaging product solutions, and contribute to user testing efforts. Open to all remote locations!
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship for a team of UX/Product designers
- Lead the design strategy for several work-streams within one of the company's most meaningful pillars and core product experiences.
- Use quantitative and qualitative user data to inform design decisions
- Understand and translate user needs, requirements, and technical capabilities into innovative and elegant visualizations
- Own end-to-end design projects consisting of several product features and touch points from ideation, research, through execution and production.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and users throughout the design phase to address iterative feedback and to ensure optimal design execution
- Design for modularity, accessibility, and product expansion
- 3+ years in a Product Design/UX role, with deep experience in designing for consumer facing features for Android & iOS
- UI & UX work for consumer apps.
- Strong understanding of usability and user-centered design principles and methodologies
- Thorough understanding of graphic design/layout principles mobile and web
- Expertise in design basics including Typography, Color Theory, and Layout across different form factors
- Experience with UX tool sets including Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, Framer, Invision, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Expertise in conducting user research
- Detail-oriented self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience managing or leading design teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI, or a related field
- Previous experience in the rewards/loyalty, video, or gamification
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Shopkick are considered the property of Shopkick and are not subject to payment of agency fees.