Engineering Lead, Brand Team
This role may be for you if ...
- You enjoy technical challenging problems such as image analysis, optical character recognition, and data interpretation that tries to make sense of a fuzzy physical world
- You enjoy working with a variety of people in multiple disciplines inside and outside of engineering
- You have a solid architectural and software design background in client/server systems, preferably mobile
- You love being able to use the theory of your Computer Science background in your everyday work
- You thrive in fast-paced, highly collaborative teams of 4-6 engineers.
In a typical week you might ...
- Help find solutions to interpreting real world physical objects such as receipts and product images in order to attribute brand and retail sales to Shopkick
- Contribute to the anti-fraud systems that detect user abuse, either by data or image analysis
- Put your architectural background to work designing new systems and features
- Ensure solid programming principles are at play by coaching the team and pair programming with people
- Write exemplary code that shows people the way
- Suggest optimizations and improvements to the leadership team that can be made across the entire code base and production system
- Run daily standups, sprint retrospectives and planning meetings with participants from design, product, development, QA and data analytics.
We are looking for ...
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing large scale software
- 2+ years of experience leading projects
- Experience running a team using agile methodologies
- Strong coding ability in an object oriented language (preferably Python)
- Excellent knowledge of Linux based, distributed systems and infrastructure
- Experience with SQL (MySQL preferred)
- Excellent team player with strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Enthusiastic and collaborative problem solver
- Bachelor’s degree or better in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Extra points if you have ...
- Native mobile experience
- Cassandra experience
Meet Some of Shopkick's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
As Shopkick’s CEO, Bill provides leadership and oversees the direction of company growth and business strategy. His main goal is to ensure Shopkick’s people and culture are operating as a cohesive unit.
Back to top