VR Technical Lead 🕹
You'll need to have:
- Extensive experience in game development using C/C++
- AAA game engine experience (Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, CryEngine, Anvil, etc)
- Strong 3D math skills
- Low-level C/C++ knowledge: threading, memory management, etc.
- Experience in performance optimization/debugging
- Familiarity with the asset pipeline (file format import, conversion, etc.)
- Working knowledge of core game engine systems like audio, graphics, networking, physics, etc
- Experience integrating hardware and rapidly evolving SDKs from vendors into existing codebases.
It'd be great if you have:
- Experience working with VR headsets like the HTC Vive or Oculus Rift.
- An enthusiasm to experiment with emerging trends in hardware/software (e.g. novel input devices, rendering techniques or even topics from machine learning) to push the boundaries of our capabilities.
What you could be working on:
- Developing many VR/AR prototypes and experiments within a small and agile team.
- Solving the integration and technical challenges for how VR works in commerce.
- Defining best practices and techniques in a new industry.
- Playing around with all the latest VR/AR toys.
Meet Some of Shopify's Employees
Jean-Philippe works with the Purchase Experience Team, focused on developing software to provide the most delightful and accessible buying process possible for consumers.
Back to top