UX Researcher - Kit
We’re looking for an intermediate/senior UX Researcher with a curiosity for understanding people and context, paired with a passion for turning data into insights that can shape product, UX, and marketing decisions. Your work will impact entrepreneurs, their community of customers, and Shopify’s 3rd party partners.
Kit is a virtual employee that helps Shopify merchants manage their marketing tasks so that they can focus on doing what they love: creating incredible products. For many merchants, Kit is their first hire (and probably their best, because Kit always shows up on time, and never steals the good snacks in the office 🍩🍪🍫). Kit is more than a product - we’re building human interactions and experiences. That’s why understanding the user experience is critical.
Kit is currently available to hustle for the over 300,000 Shopify merchants and wants to do so much more! As a UX Researcher working on Kit you’ll be guiding and informing the team to design and build better experiences for our merchants. To do that you’ll use various research methods to clarify a wide variety of problems and bring focus to areas of opportunity.
Our office is located in San Francisco's Financial District, close to BART or a short walk to the Ferry building.
You'll be working on:
- Understanding customers, framing and defining their key problems, and working in cross-disciplinary teams to design, implement, and track new features for our product and growth projects
- Informing Kit’s product roadmap decisions
- Sharing knowledge, identifying, and solving wider problems with other UX researchers
- Helping merchants grow their businesses with better marketing tools and new sales channels
You'll need to have:
- A love for asking questions, seeking answers, and working with others to solve difficult design problems
- Hands-on experience doing end-to-end design research for products and/ or services, including research planning, data gathering, analysis, summarizing, and presenting findings
- Demonstrable experience in using research to guide business strategy and product roadmaps
- Combined quantitative data and qualitative research skills to round out insights
- Experience applying a range of research methods with both creativity, scrappiness, and critical thinking
- Examples of projects where your research insights led to better informed design decisions
It's a bonus if you have:
- Worked on a new product, feature, or service launch
- Worked with bots, digital assistants, or conversational UIs
- Experience starting your own business
- Created some of your own guerilla methods for doing research
- Blogged or spoken at conferences about research, UX, design, or strategy
- Built momentum around people-centred research and design in a team or company culture
Join us for:
- The opportunity to represent the customer and directly influence positive changes to our product and brand experience. We are committed to ‘UX for good’.
- Autonomy. We don’t believe in micro-management. You’ll have both the support and the freedom to approach problems as creatively and efficiently as you can.
- The chance to join an awesome UX team and continue our quest to Make Commerce Better for everyone who sells online, in-person, and everywhere in between.
- The opportunity to learn and grow with the best in the business. We want you to do the best work of your career, and we’ll give you everything you need to make it happen.
- A culture that values authenticity, openness, and diversity in everything we do.
If you're interested in this position please click "Apply Now" and we'll be in touch with you.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is thisclose to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Back to top