At Shopify, we’re all about making commerce better for everyone. Over 275,000 merchants use our products and services to run their businesses. The UX Research team guides and informs our teams in designing and building better experiences for people. We do that by using various research methods to clarify a wide variety of problems and bring focus to areas of opportunity throughout our projects.
We’re looking for an experienced UX Researcher with a curiosity for understanding people and context, paired with a passion for turning data into insights that can shape product, UX, and marketing decisions. At Shopify, your work will impact entrepreneurs, their community of customers, and Shopify’s 3rd party partners.
You’ll be working on:
- Understanding customers, framing and defining their key problems, and working in cross-disciplinary teams to design, implement, and track new features for our product and growth projects
- Informing Shopify’s product roadmap decisions
- Sharing knowledge, identifying, and solving wider problems with other UX researchers
- Helping merchants grow their businesses with better marketing tools and new sales channels
You'll need to have:
- Hands-on experience doing end-to-end design research for products and/ or services, including research planning, data gathering, analysis, summarizing, and presenting findings
- Combined quantitative data and qualitative research skills to round out insights
- Solid experience in using research to guide business strategy and product roadmaps
- Experience applying a range of research methods with both creativity and critical thinking
- Examples of projects where your research insights led to better informed design decisions
- A love for asking questions, seeking answers, and working with others to solve difficult design problems
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Worked on new product, feature, or service launch
- Experience starting your own business
- Collaborated with designers, developers, product managers, and other multidisciplinary teammates
- Created some of your own guerilla methods for doing research
- Built momentum around people-centred research and design in a team or company culture
- Blogged or spoken at conferences about research, UX, design, or strategy
Join Shopify for:
- The opportunity to represent the customer and directly influence positive changes to our product and brand experience
- Autonomy. We don’t believe in micro-management. You’ll have both the support and the freedom to approach problems as creatively and efficiently as you can
- The chance to join an awesome UX team and continue our quest to Make Commerce Better for everyone who sells online, in-person, and everywhere in between
- The opportunity to learn and grow with the best in the business. We want you to do the best work of your career, and we’ll give you everything you need to make it happen
- A culture that values authenticity, openness, and diversity in everything we do
If you're interested in this position please click "Apply Now" and we'll be in touch with you. Please make out your cover letter to Sophia!
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is thisclose to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Back to top