UX Director, Shopify Plus
You’ll work on:
- Growing and championing a high-functioning UX team, that is efficient and quality-driven.
- Evolving the look and feel of the Shopify Plus product offering. We need someone to help us set the course for our merchant’s journey. From product awareness through daily use of the platform, apps and the rest of the Shopify Plus ecosystem.
- Ensuring our platform considers the full range of Shopify Plus merchant experiences; from high-growth entrepreneurs to our larger more complex and mature merchants. While we may share the platform, these are different merchant personas.
- Shaping how our product teams, including UX, engineering and product management collaborate to produce a world-class offering. Shopify Plus is still in the fundamental forming and storming stages as a product team. We’re building to the needs of our merchants while hardening our institutional knowledge.
- Relationship building with UX leadership across Shopify. While we have the freedom to define our own process, it’s essential to be a partner, advocate and challenger at the leadership table to best support the needs of the Shopify Plus merchants.
- Developing and shipping with speed and consistency. We have immediate needs to deliver on our product roadmap today, while setting the vision for tomorrow.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You’ve led a large team in a multidisciplinary UX environment. Ours includes research, design, front-end development and content strategy.
- Your team has shipped simple and beautifully designed product to solve complex customer needs.
- You bring a product management mindset to design; with the ability to easily balance product with your craft.
- You have the capacity to act on immediate needs, while building for the long term with vision and strategy.
- Bureaucracy is your nemesis.
- You have played a direct role in UX community building and thought leadership both inside your organization and beyond.
Meet Some of Shopify's Employees
Jean-Philippe works with the Purchase Experience Team, focused on developing software to provide the most delightful and accessible buying process possible for consumers.
Back to top