Theme Specialist - Shopify Plus
Shopify Plus is making enterprise commerce simple. We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need. Shopify Plus is helping power commerce for companies like Tesla, RedBull, GE, L'Oreal, Mondelez, Kanye West, Subway, UPS and many more. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen. We are a rocketship, and this is where you come in.
Shopify is looking to grow the team responsible for building the next generation of commerce. As a member of the Plus Theme Specialists team, you'll work alongside some of the most talented people in the industry in developing custom solutions for Shopify’s enterprise-level clientele.
You'll need to be able to:
- Use git for version controlling and managing codebases with multiple developers
- Work with data-handling via AJAX and JSON
- Write code for complex user interactions
- Craft code that is easy for your fellow developers to maintain
- Understand of the nuances of, and experience building functional cross-browser scripts and responsive layouts
- Prove that you care about the performance of your code and finished product
- Explain why a CSS preprocessor, framework, or methodology has won your heart
- Collaborate with other developers and contributing to building shared standards, tools, and approaches
It'd be great if you have experience with:
- Working with REST APIs
- Build tools like Grunt or Gulp
- Ruby/Ruby on Rails
- Involvement in the development or design communities through mentorship, meet-ups, blogging, etc
Here’s how to apply:
Before you hit the “Apply now” button: we’re going to need you to show us what you’re working with.
Below you’ll find a brief assignment designed to let you show off your skills as a front-end developer. In the assignment, you’ll be creating your own Shopify store and customizing a Shopify theme of your choosing. In your application to the Plus Theme Specialist team, you’ll be asked to provide a link to your store with the modified theme.
You’ll first need to create a Shopify store and fill it with some demo products and collections.
You can create a Shopify store either through a free Shopify partner account (recommended) or a merchant 14-day trial. To help you populate your store with products, you can find some sample CSV files in this post on the Shopify Partners blog: Design your store faster with CSVs and images.
Next, upload any free Shopify theme for your online store. Crack open the theme files and make the following modifications:
(1) Create an alternate product template that allows customers to personalize their purchases. This template will need to capture both a required and an optional line item property. The names of these properties should be stored as Theme Settings, so they can be easily changed.
(2) Using Shopify's AJAX API, create a order form page, allowing the customer to purchase multiple products, select the options they desire for each product, as well as the quantity of the item they'd like to purchase. Once the user clicks 'Order', send them directly to checkout so they can buy their items. Feel free to extend this to do anything else you might think would be helpful (e.g. line item properties on each item, etc.).
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is thisclose to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Back to top