You'll need to:
- Be based in Ireland, or willing to relocate and be eligible to work from the Emerald Isle.
- Have a passion for Web design and development.
- Know HTML5 and CSS3 like the back of your hand.
- Have proficient knowledge of a popular programming language.
- Have experience with modern frameworks, themes and web technologies (e.g.: Wordpress, Drupal, Bootstrap)
- Using Chrome Developer Tools to investigate and troubleshoot issues with browsers and front-end code.
- Communicate effectively, regardless of your audience - in addition to connecting directly with our merchants, Theme Support acts as a liaison with many other teams to resolve issues, so communication of technical subject matter as needed and on the fly, is a huge asset.
- Be driven to be the best at what you do - but also enjoy being challenged by, and constantly learning from, the other members on a high-performing team.
- Have customer service experience. This could be anything from working with clients on large scale design projects, or a retail job at Dunnes Stores.
It'd be great if you have:
- Experience educating, scaling, or collaborating on new techniques, technologies, and processes within a company or community.
- Familiarity with the Liquid templating language.
- Experience using CSS preprocessors (e.g.: SCSS, LESS) and/or build tools (e.g.: Grunt, Gulp)
- Having working knowledge of Version control - Github/Git, ideally.
You’ll be working on things like:
- Learning the latest front end technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best techniques possible.
- Helping merchants customise their websites along with giving them first class advice when required.
- Working with the sustaining themes team on GitHub to fix and update our themes, as well as communicating merchant needs to help make more informed theme feature adjustments.
- Reviewing themes that have been submitted to the Shopify Theme Store
- Develop ways to better equip our support teams for any theme related questions as Theme Support works closely with other Support teams in a variety of situations, from guidance to code pairing.
- Improve documentation to reduce theme related support debt.
Meet Some of Shopify's Employees
Jean-Philippe works with the Purchase Experience Team, focused on developing software to provide the most delightful and accessible buying process possible for consumers.
Back to top