Technical Writer - Shopify Plus
Shopify's documentation team is expanding again -- now at our Waterloo office. We’re looking for a creative, passionate individual to write and maintain reference guides that serve a growing community of Shopify Plus merchants, partners, and developers.
You'll need to have:
- Exceptional language skills based on past experience in a writing or editorial role.
- A commitment to understanding Shopify Plus merchants (helping them accomplish their goals and build their businesses is our main objective).
- Readiness to work with a wide range of materials, from task-oriented walkthroughs to highly technical docs that cover Shopify’s API and theme customizations.
- A deep interest in the different ways that people discover and process information.
- High standards, an obsessive eye for detail, and a strong sense of ownership.
- Grit, especially when it comes to updating documentation that you only recently shipped. Things change fast around here!
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Familiarity with version control software such as git.
You’ll be working on things like:
- Writing crystal-clear, user-centred content that's based on reader feedback, UX research, support data, and hands-on testing.
- Building strong relationships across Shopify's product, UX, sales, and support teams.
- Adopting and developing content provided by internal SMEs so that it adds value to our public knowledge base.
- Participating fully in the life of the documentation team, taking part in discussions, debates, and fresh-eyes sessions.
- Learning a ton of new skills and sharing your own.
If you’d be excited to join us in our quest to make our merchants’ lives easier and to help their businesses grow, then we want to hear from you. Make sure that you include one or two samples of your written work with your application.
Please address your cover letter to Rory.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is thisclose to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Back to top