Sr. Finance Manager, Shopify Plus
Shopify Plus’ mission is to make commerce better for companies like Tesla, RedBull, GE, L’Oreal, Mondelez, Kanye West, Subway, UPS and many more. We believe high-volume, high-growth merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen. We’re in hyper-growth mode, and that’s where you come in!
We're looking for a Sr. Finance Manager to support the annual budget building process including the development of key assumptions for Shopify Plus. As a member of the leadership team, you'll ensure budgets are appropriate and that the team establishes action plans to achieve the necessary financial results.
You'll get to do things like:
- Own monthly management and Board reporting and ensure a high degree of quality, timeliness, and accuracy in reporting as well as providing business insight.
- Provide input for business decisions by producing detailed financial models and P&Ls incorporating assumptions, expectations and known risks.
- Prepare presentations and other supporting materials.
- Support monthly P&L review process by recapping actual results versus plan, preparing monthly variance reports for business owners and analyzing key performance drivers.
- Present findings to corporate management that focus on year-over-year changes and key operating metrics and drivers.
- Build detailed models and run simulations on various “what-if” scenarios using data backed insight(s) and critical thinking to evaluate and make recommendations to drive long term profitability on current & future initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to automate reporting and analysis. Drive the development and implementation of tools that allow for increased, efficient analytical capabilities and that allow executives to understand key financial issues.
- Review and approve all commission payouts as well as review compliance with delegation of authority.
- Oversee the compliance and development of internal controls within Shopify Plus
- Identify and analyze the impact of changes in US GAAP
- Identify the impact of new or potential product additions to current organization accounting policies.
You'll need to have:
- CPA designation
- 5+ years of experience in mid to senior level finance or accounting position
- A strong financial and business acumen and knowledge of business systems
- In-depth knowledge of accounting practices, financial planning/reporting, budget planning/reporting, compliance management
It'd be great if you are:
- Able to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Extremely detail oriented with a passion for problem solving
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is thisclose to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Back to top