Software Developer, POS Payments
Our Shopify mobile teams are working with world-class UX, design, and engineering teams to build and define the future of commerce. We would love for you to join us to push boundaries as we craft the best physical retail experience for merchants and their customers. We are looking for folks to work on our next generation in-person payment hardware solutions, and to help expand our current solutions into new markets. You’ll be responsible for working as part of a cross-functional team to build innovative, reliable, and secure in-person payment solutions.
You'll need to have:
- Experience working and integrating support for payment hardware and an understanding of the card-present certification process
- An understanding of card-present payment technologies including contact and contactless EMV, and familiar with concepts like card tokenization (e.g. Apple Pay, Android Pay)
- A basic understanding of PCI and how it relates to card-present solutions
- Evidence of being self starting, and passionate about your craftExperience with financial systems, card acceptance
It'd be great if you had experience with:
- Experience with merchant acquiring
- Electrical/computer engineering, computer science or other training
- Experience developing software on iOS and/or Android
You'll be working on things like:
- Connecting with our Android and iOS teams to add support for our next generation payment hardware to our mobile apps
- Configuring our card readers for certifications based on market, acquirer, and solution requirements
- Working with third party OEMs to integrate and improve software libraries, optimizing for things like reduced transaction times and increasing battery life
- Overseeing and performing certification tasks, working directly with our payment processing partners in each market
- Understanding Shopify’s server side architecture in order to help build solutions for remote-key-injection and OTA firmware updates
- Helping to manage and manage card readers deployed in the field
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Kayla Boyer.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Back to top