At Shopify Toronto, we’re focused on building products at scale and tools that help our merchants grow their businesses. Our development team is shaping the future of commerce by enabling internal and external developers to integrate with all parts of Shopify.
In practice, this means that the Application, Platform, and Growth Development teams are rebuilding applications and APIs, and creating new applications and APIs to provide a richer application ecosystem for our merchants and a unified developer experience for our partners. We are building the underlying platform that enables third-party developers to build things like applications and other integrations that make merchants more successful 🚀.
As we grow, we need technical and people leadership. Our leads are coding and in that capacity also provide hands-on career building guidance to team members. Building a trusting relationship through code and design has been a huge success here at Shopify, and we would love to find leads that fit that model of leadership. We are also remarkably light on bureaucracy and this enables people to perform at their best.
Finally, we are extremely eager to hire for inclusion. We strive for a balanced team because we know this will have huge impact on innovation and quality.
A few things we'd like you to have:
- Looking at long-term solutions and assessing system wide impacts ensuring the product evolves in the right way.
- Strong foundation of design principles, especially when it relates to platform development in the areas of API and data modelling.
- A passion and curiosity to constantly learn new things. Shopify changes fast, and we need people who work here to be able to change and learn fast, too.
- Establishing great relationships with other teams, across offices, and especially at the leadership level.
- Growing developers to become senior contributors, and establishing new mandates that will enable senior developers to take on technical leadership roles.
Here's a bit more context on the projects our team is tackling:
Some of the people you might work with:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Stergios.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is thisclose to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.