Senior Software Developer - Billing and Financial
Shopify’s Billing System and Financial Operations Engineering team builds and maintains the software for billing merchants and paying Shopify Partners. Financially critical operations such as invoicing for monthly subscription fees, computing taxes and paying application developers are responsibilities of the software developed by the team. As a key component of Shopify’s core platform, the system needs to be reliable and accurate while still providing the flexibility for adding new features to allow the Shopify platform to collect revenue or grow Shopify’s business. We’re looking for a senior developer to help us architect, build, scale and automate all of the processes in the financial pipeline from merchant user experience to financial data reconciliation and reporting.
You'll need to have:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails (or an equivalent framework and the desire to learn Rails quickly)
- A passion for working on mission critical systems and a strong attention to detail
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience building and scaling user-focused web applications
- Experience working on large-scale S/W systems
It'd be great if you have experience with:
- Financial systems / accounting software
- Integrating with cloud based payment processors (eg. Stripe, Paypal)
- Experience with SOX compliant S/W
You'll be working on things like:
- Writing elegant code in Ruby that adds to and improves our code base in meaningful ways
- Writing front-end code both for Shopify’s merchants and internal support
- Using TDD to write well-tested code
- Responding quickly to operational issues that affect the financial pipeline
- Adding or enhancing monitoring metrics and alerts to ensure stability
- Collaborating with other designers and developers
- Fixing bugs fast and taking your time to solve hard problems wellLearning and growing constantly
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Krystle Olson.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Back to top