Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With 500,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to lead our work on Shopify’s Channel Platform.
Our Channel Platform powers all the storefronts that merchants on Shopify use to sell their products to customers. From their online store, to their Facebook shop, to their retail point-of-sale, our channel platform represents the set of APIs and user experiences that power over 20 unique places to sell today. We’re hiring you because that number is growing very quickly.
Your goal will be to enable great consumer buying experiences to be built on top of the platform so that ultimately Shopify helps it’s merchants sell more. These channels can be built by either internal product teams or third party partners, and you’ll need to serve both as your customers.
Product Managers at Shopify work with customers, Engineering, UX, and other internal teams to decide what products we build and why we build them. They are the glue that unites all aspects of a product under a single, cohesive vision. They impact and create value for hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs in approximately 150 countries.
For this role you'll need to:
- Have experience managing platforms, APIs, and/or marketplace products
- Have several years of experience managing products. It doesn’t matter so much what your job title was, so long as you have hands-on experience creating and leading tech products. We’re looking for people who have recognized market opportunities and customer needs - and turned them into products that have delighted real users
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset. Rolling up your sleeves, thrive in chaos, and get shit done
- Be genuinely excited about solving customer problems
- Empathize with the user and use data to inform product decisions
- Default to action and help your team do the same
- Be a team player, coach, and referee all-in-one
- Have great communication skills
- Work well with stakeholders from multiple disciplines
- Collaborate with designers, developers, marketers, and customers
It would be great if you had experience:
- Founding and running your own company
- Working with partners from both an product and business perspectiveSome of the following industries: commerce, gaming, UX and design, retail
Here's how to apply:
If you're interested in this position please click "Apply now" and we'll be in touch with you. Please make out your cover letter to Brandon and let us know why you're interested in working at Shopify.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.