Senior Product Manager
Product Managers at Shopify work with our customers, Engineering, UX, and other internal teams to decide what products we build and why we build them. They are the glue that unites all aspects of a product under a single, cohesive vision. They impact and create value for over 300,000+ businesses in approximately 150 countries.
Shopify is a fast-moving and entrepreneurial place to work where you'll be collaborating with some fun and talented people. Your colleagues will be people who have founded companies, developed successful products from scratch, and have established track records of getting shit done.
This is a leadership position. It’s based in Montreal but you will work with teams across Shopify’s offices to make key decisions and create value for over 300,000+ businesses in approximately 150 countries.
Join Shopify to help us make commerce better for everyone and to do your life's best work.
You’ll need to:
- Have some years of experience under your belt managing products. It doesn’t matter so much what your job title was, so long as you have hands-on experience creating and leading tech products. We’re looking for people who have recognized market opportunities and customer needs - and turned them into products that have delighted real users.
- Be genuinely excited about solving customer problems
- Empathize with the user and use data to inform product decisions
- Default to action and help your team do the same
- Be a team player, coach, and referee all-in-one
- Have great communication skills
- Work well with stakeholders from multiple disciplines
- Be a problem solver
- Collaborate with designers, developers, marketers, and customers
It’d be great if you had experience with:
- Full-time entrepreneurship
- Running an ecommerce business
- Product growth and marketing (If this is what you're most passionate about, then you may be interested in the Product Growth Manager role)
- Some of the following industries: UX and design, commerce, gaming, retail
Here's how to apply:
Shopify is unique, and we like our application process to reflect that. If you want to join the Product team at Shopify, play with the platform by building an online store.
Be creative, have fun, and see first hand what it is like to use this channel.
Please include a link to your trial store in your application. We want to see something that shows us why you really want to work here.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is thisclose to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Back to top