Senior Product Designer, Shopify Plus
What do you bring to the table?
- A background in owning and executing against the user experience strategy for a feature set
- A deep understanding of the end to end iterative UX process, including personas, scenarios, wireframing, and high fidelity visuals
- An understanding that amazing experiences come from collaborative decision-making with front-end developers, engineers, researchers, content strategists, and other disciplines
- A soft spot for the end user. You should advocate for them in all areas of your work
- Experience using prototyping tools (Sketch), as well as knowledge of HTML and CSS
- A real passion for solving design problems while wearing multiple hats and owning all facets of design (e.g. strategy, art direction, interaction design and research)
- Extraordinary UI abilities that can be demonstrated through current project pieces
- A desire to mentor other designers, leading by example with your keen eye for good design, and attention to detail
What will you work on?
- Finding ways to champion the needs of and building empathy for our fast-growing, high volume merchants across both Shopify Plus and Shopify
- Representing our merchants in discussions of new products and overall product strategy
- Advocating for good user experience across our platform
- Identifying the best UX methods and tools to use depending on the project constraints
- Shipping high fidelity designs of new features and quickly prototyping solutions to visual and interaction problems
- Contributing to our growing design system of patterns in an effort to bridge a coherent look and feel across the Shopify experience
- Sharing and reviewing your designs based on peer feedback, user research, testing, and merchant feedback
- Prioritizing simultaneous deadlines across multiple teams and coordinating the efforts across UX disciplines
Here's how to apply
- If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, we'd love to have you submit your application. Please include a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
Meet Some of Shopify's Employees
Jean-Philippe works with the Purchase Experience Team, focused on developing software to provide the most delightful and accessible buying process possible for consumers.
Back to top