Senior Manager, Internal Audit
We’re looking to add a Senior Manager of Internal Audit to our finance team. This person will be dedicated to owning the development and execution of internal audit processes at Shopify.
You'll need to have:
- CPA designation with CISA or CIA certification
- Strong technical internal audit skills, including IT audit skills and knowledge of financial control requirements
It’d be great if you have:
- The ability to build strong relationships with auditors
- Communication skills (you'll be presenting to senior management and the board of directors)
- A strong sense of ethics and integrity
- A strong business acumen and a passion to help improve operations continuously
You'll be working on things like:
- Developing an annual Audit Plan using a risk-based methodology, including risks or control concerns identified by management and the Audit Committee
- Preparing and presenting quarterly reports to the Audit Committee summarizing the status and the results of audit activities
- Implementing the annual Audit Plan, as approved, including and as appropriate, any special mandates or projects requested by management and the Audit Committee
- Partnering with management to enhance the control environment, such as participating in system development projects, participating in due diligence reviews and other similar type services, to improve efficiency and to create value
- Assessing the operating effectiveness of the Corporation’s internal control over financial reporting by testing key controls identified and documented by management SOX and National Instrument 52-109
- Informing Management and the Audit Committee of emerging trends and successful practices in internal auditing and risk management
- Leading the development and implementation of the Fraud Risk Management program and the Enterprise Risk Management program, to effectively identify, assess, treat and mitigate significant organizational or emerging risks in accordance with acceptable organizational risk tolerance levels
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Bronwyn.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is thisclose to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Back to top