Senior Front End Developer - Financial Services
In this position, you'll focus on;
- Building Shopify:
- Work on planning, resourcing, and executing projects
- Help your team define their roadmap and how you’ll get there
- Help your team make decisions
- Be a source of knowledge in your product domain
- Give feedback on and help build the product
- Grow your team’s expertise in their craft and in their communication (and your own!)
- Help your team obsess with the problem—are they engaged, resourceful, thinking about impact?
- Supporting and building the front end and UX disciplines:
- Seek opportunities to build Shopify's presence in the UX community
Here are projects this team has been championing lately:
- Risk: How do we evaluate and minimise financial risk for our merchants? What can we do to ensure that orders they receive are genuine and avoid chargebacks from fraudulent transactions?
- Payments: All the payment processing stuff.
- Billings and Balances: Invoicing, transactions, money coming out of merchant accounts and money going into merchant accounts.
- Capital: Shopify Capital helps entrepreneurs get the funds they need to grow their businesses.
Some people you might work with here:
- Kyle Peatt, Director of UX
- Matt Griffin, UX Lead, Financial Services
- Cassie Slack, Designer
- Kathleen Robertson, Designer
- Dominic McPhee, Front End Developer Lead
- Lynsey Thornton, VP of UX
Tools and nitty gritty of the team 🛠 : (Is this stuff new to you? That’s OK! Not everybody is familiar with this stack, and we provide support to learn on the job.)
- We are modernizing our front end stack to use a component system built with React, TypeScript, SASS, and CSS modules
- Shopify is the world’s largest Ruby on Rails app lication. Our front end developers work closely with back end engineers to build our products
- We build Shopify with a collaborative code review process using Github Flow
Meet Some of Shopify's Employees
Jean-Philippe works with the Purchase Experience Team, focused on developing software to provide the most delightful and accessible buying process possible for consumers.
Back to top