Senior API Patterns Developer
If you join our API Patterns Team, you’ll be doing things like:
- Working with GraphQL and other cutting-edge technologies.
- Developing new tools and techniques for solving problems like throttling, monitoring, and authorization.
- Collaborating with development teams across the entire company to solve practical API design and implementation problems.
- Helping to shape Shopify’s fundamental approach to APIs for years to come.
- Giving back to the community by open-sourcing some key components.
You’ll need to have:
- Passion for building APIs that don’t just get the job done, but are also beautiful.
- Experience building and scaling web application platforms.
- The ability to listen, understand, and communicate clearly and effectively with other developers, both inside and outside of Shopify.
- A strong commitment to quality.
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience with Ruby, and Ruby on Rails
- Experience with GraphQL, or the desire to learn it quickly
Meet Some of Shopify's Employees
Jean-Philippe works with the Purchase Experience Team, focused on developing software to provide the most delightful and accessible buying process possible for consumers.
Back to top