Marketing is a challenge for most online merchants. Even if you sell a great product, it can be tough to get the word out about your business. Taking the time to not only build and run marketing campaigns, but also learn best practices and make your campaigns effective across numerous channels, is a lot to ask on top of running a store.
That’s where Kit comes in. Kit is a fully automated virtual employee that helps Shopify merchants with their business. For many merchants, Kit is their first hire (and probably their best, because Kit always shows up on time, and never steals the good snacks in the office🍩🍪🍫🍿). Kit was built to manage small businesses’ marketing tasks, so that entrepreneurs can focus on doing what they love; creating incredible products. Merchants talk to Kit via multiple messaging platforms including SMS, Facebook Messenger, and Telegram.
We are looking for Android leaders who are passionate about Android and mobile at large. We want to build a mobile platform that stands the test of time, and our Android apps are an important piece of that. We want to make the best product and we want it to have direct impact on our merchants’ entrepreneurial journey.
All product decisions come from monitoring customer usage of Kit to ensure we are always building what the customer wants and not what we think they want. If you’re a developer that can join us and hit the ground running, this job is for you. We are located in San Francisco's Financial District, close to BART, and a short walk to the Ferry building.
You'll need to have:
- Passion for mobile software development
- In-depth knowledge of the Android SDK, the open-source Android ecosystem, and the libraries available for common tasks
- Knowledge of Google’s Android user-interface design principles, patterns, and best practices
You’ll be doing things like:
- Writing powerful and eloquent code that extends the functionality and improves the quality of Kit's and Shopify's mobile applications
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team to define, develop, test, and ship features that impact mobile clients and backend servers
- Translating designs and wireframes into technical patterns and practices
Here's how to apply:
If you're interested in this position please click "Apply Now" and we'll be in touch with you. Please make out your cover letter to Michael Perry and let us know why you want to work on Kit.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.