Security Infrastructure Engineer
Our Security Infrastructure Team is responsible for ensuring the safety and continued operations of all our production environments. From monitoring to incident triage and management to consultation and design review, we work closely with the production and customer support teams on a daily basis.
We not only care about the security of our services and servers -- bare metal, virtualized, and containerized -- but we also want to pave the way for other technical teams to make the best decisions possible from a security viewpoint. This means embedding ourselves in their workflows, tooling, and technologies, and not only writing code to make things better, but also advising them on considerations to make as they design new services.
You'll need to:
- Have mad Linux skills, and you’ve never met a server you can’t bend to your will
- Dream about complex systems and software, finding and fixing security concerns and weaknesses
- Have a solid understanding of code, and can jump into almost any language, helping to debug and figure out why bad things are happening
Super bonus extra points if you:
- Have worked with Docker and Linux containers
- Write security tools as a hobby
- Have experience in a DevOps environment
- Turn out Chef cookbooks to relax and unwind
- Understanding networking and routing technologies
- Can’t imagine a life without logs
You'll be working on things like:
- Working with various internal teams to continuously improve our security posture
- Walking through new application design
- Improving our ability to identify and respond to security incidents
- Building and supporting custom kernels
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Damian Gerow.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Back to top