Product Manager: Merchant Services, Risk
Product Managers at Shopify work with our customers, Engineering, UX, and other internal teams to decide what products we build and why we build them. They are the glue that unites all aspects of a product under a single, cohesive vision. They impact and create value for over 300,000+ businesses in approximately 150 countries.
Within the product management group at Shopify, this role falls under the Merchant Services team. This team focuses on the core services our merchants use to run their business; we build them into Shopify because we believe we can make them better for merchants.
We want you to be the owner of our Risk products. Risk detection and fraud management are real problems that our merchants struggle with. Using the data available to us, we need you to build products that will free our merchants from these pains. The risk team is based in Ottawa but you'll work in close collaboration with our Payments and Data teams across all offices.
Join Shopify to help us make commerce better for everyone and to do your life's best work.
You’ll need to:
- Have experience building delightful tech products - from a kernel of an idea into the hands of real users
- Have experience working with data as it relates to fraud prevention and detection
- Be genuinely excited about solving customer problems
- Empathize with the user and use data to inform product decisions
- Default to action and help your team do the same
- Be a team player, coach, and referee all-in-one
- Have great communication skills
- Work well with stakeholders from multiple disciplines
- Be a problem solver
- Collaborate with data scientists, developers, and customers
It’d be great if you had experience with:
- Full-time entrepreneurship
- Running an ecommerce business
- Some of the following industries: mobile payments, processing, gaming, risk analysis, or fraud prevention
- Machine learning and other advanced techniques used in fraud management
Here's how to apply:
Shopify is unique, and we like our application process to reflect that. If you want to join the Product team at Shopify, play with the platform by building an online store.
Please include a link to your trial store in your application. We want to see something that shows us why you really want to work here.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is thisclose to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Back to top