- Shipping high fidelity designs of new features and quickly prototyping solutions to visual and interaction problems
- Define, explore, and solve complex merchant and supplier problems
- Representing our merchants and suppliers in product strategy and roadmap discussions
- Working with the product managers and engineers on your projects to balance technical, business, and merchant requirements
- Advocating for good user experience across our teams and our platform
- Contributing to our growing design system in an effort to cultivate a coherent look and feel across the entire app
- Sharing and revising your designs based on UX research, user interviews and peer feedback
- A deep understanding of the end to end iterative UX product design process, including how to develop and use personas, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals
- Proficiency with current design tools including Sketch, Creative suite, Invision, etc.
- Passion for solving core product problems while owning all facets of a user experience (strategy, interaction design and research)
- Experience collaborating with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, data analysts and more
- A deep empathy for the user
- UI/UX abilities shown in a portfolio of live projects
Meet Some of Shopify's Employees
Jean-Philippe works with the Purchase Experience Team, focused on developing software to provide the most delightful and accessible buying process possible for consumers.
Back to top