At our core, Shopify is about people: merchants, customers, and employees. All we do, from coding, design, engineering, and support, are human interactions. Understanding people is tremendously important to building a company that lasts 100+ years. This is where People Analytics comes in. We are the R&D of HR. Shopify is our lab, where we seek to understand how we can drive and build a solid people platform — a platform to nurture, drive, and enable Shopifiers to find and have meaningful impact. This is a chance to change how we work and ultimately how Shopify works.
Not every engineer or developer gets to see every day how their products get used up close. This is your chance to build systems that will positively impact the people you work with. We are building a data platform to collect, integrate, and analyze our HR data. We need to speed up how we find and respond to trends in engagement, learning, and feedback. We're laying the foundation for a platform that will bring value to every Shopify employee.
Good skills to have:
- Experience building and managing data infrastructure, preferably with Python and Ruby
- Great organizational and interpersonal skills, especially when communicating with non-technical teams
- Experience working within Google Cloud Platform, Docker, and SQL databases
- Data analysis experience, preferably with Pandas
- Experience using data analysis and survey tools like Mode, Typeform, SurveyMonkey, and Tableau
- Experience with HR tools such as Workday, Lever, and Culture Amp would be a plus (but definitely not necessary)
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply to this job” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Cam Davidson-Pilon.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.