As a motion designer at Shopify you’ll join the communications team for the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform. Used by small fashion boutiques, global brands, and everything in between, Shopify currently powers over 500,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries. Thousands of users will see your work everyday – a tough but incredibly rewarding responsibility.
Motion designers are an integral part of evolving and defining how we represent Shopify to the world. We've put together a small showcase of recent projects
to help give you an understanding of the types of work the UX team produces for Growth & Marketing teams at Shopify.
You’ll be joining a diverse team of Brand Strategists, Marketing Specialists, Content Producers, Designers and Developers to grow the number of customers using Shopify and the reach of Shopify the brand.
You’ll be focussing primarily on social media, working alongside the content production team to create original programming for all major social media platforms. Most of your projects will take the form of short-form animations and gifs, but you’ll also get the opportunity to work on promo videos and documentary style films. As we grow, you’ll be helping to develop multiple scalable systems to be leveraged by the social team in daily programming.
The social media world is a fast, ever evolving ecosystem and each platform has it’s own unique features and audience behaviours. You’ll need to be able to adapt quickly to the variety of projects and the nuances of their branding.
You’ll be working closely with Marissa Godwin
, a motion designer on the social team, you can check out some of her work on Dribbble
. You can get a good sense of the type of original content the social team is producing by viewing our Instagram
, and Twitter
Passion and curiosity go a long way. Even if you aren’t able to check every box below, please still consider applying. We are dedicated to building a diverse team and providing an inclusive workplace for all. We especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
You'll need to have:
- Excellent skills in motion and animation using Adobe After Effects or Premier.
- Proficiency with design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- 3+ years experience in a motion focussed role.
- A scrappy, resourceful approach to projects - you’re proactive and great at self assigning tasks.
- An understanding that great social experiences come from collaborative decision-making with producers, strategists, and copywriters.
- Experience working with marketing teams and an understanding of the strategies and KPIs that typically matter to them.
It'd be nice if you had:
- Experience working directly with a social media team to produce brand & campaign content.
- Knowledge of all the major social media platforms and the features available to brands.
- Cinema 4D skills.
If you're interested in this position please click "Apply Now" and include a link to your portfolio & Dribbble/Behance/Vimeo account in the links section.
Please make out your cover letter to Sophia!